Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Trip Update

I am having tons of fun working at the winery with Pete. I have been involved in taking samples of the wines that are fermenting in bins and in barrels, barreling wine that is done fermenting, lots of cleaning, and so much other stuff. Today Pete and I got a chance to actually stomp grapes with our feet! I had no idea they still did that stuff!

The scenery is beautiful and so is the weather. I've been eating lots of great food and drinking amazing wine. On Sunday we had a slowish day at the winery so we got a chance to go to the beach in Pismo.

The original plan was to come home Sunday but I changed it to next Wednesday instead. This was because: 1) They really needed help for a few days next week and 2) there is an open house on Sunday that I really wanted to stay for. The plan for when we return is for Pete and I to do a road trip so he can see a bit of Western Canada!

I'll post more when I return, including lots of pictures!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were you and had your totally unstable and miserable life (with hairy upper lip and butter teeth) (are you English?!), I'd stay in a country full of strangers, too.

P.S. I'd love to make romance up inside you but not by force.

- P

Kate said...

I'm still not sure why you are so interested in my life.

I am also not sure why you seem to think I'm miserable. I am quite happy and wouldn't want things any other way.

Anonymous said...

People that life in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Talk about a miserable existance. Anonymous obviously has too much spare time and little to occupy His/Her mind.

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a post from Houston to me. So I'm thinking it's either a fat bitch or a guy who's marrying a fat bitch. And if that's the case I wouldn't be talking.

Kate said...

Now now people, lets keep this civilized! We should stay on the high road rather than stoop down to the low road others sadly travel on.

Anonymous said...

It really sickens me to know that this is how people spend their lives...entertaining themselves by making rude and inappropriate comments to people they don't even know (1st and 4th comment). Whoever wrote these comments obviously has low self esteem and only finds self worth in making others feel bad. You both need to grow up and get a life!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well don't disrespect a friend of mine like that and then I'll keep it civilized.

Post #4

Kate said...

The whole thing makes me sick. I don't understand why people take joy in making other people miserable. All I want out of life is to be happy and respected. I obviously have people who are trying to take that away from me, and I'm pretty sure I don't deserve that kind of treatment. At the same time, although they are clearly sad and shallow, he or she does not deserve the kind of treatment I have been given. No one does. Please refrain from making nasty remarks. Nobody is perfect.