Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I Know I Know!!!

I suck! I don't know why I haven't been posting lately. It's not like I haven't had anything going on. I had a little dinner party last Wednesday that went really well. I wimped out and stayed home knitting on the couch rather than going to Brian's wine n' cheese party on Friday. Saturday was the annual Christmas party of my big and wonderful group of friends. I got extremely intoxicated, ate a lot, laughed a lot, cried a bit, passed out on the couch. Last night Dave came over and we watched "Blood Simple," the Coen brothers' first film. I took it easy tonight but have a big weekend ahead of me. Friday I will be Katie's date for her office Christmas party. Saturday is a pot luck/house warming at my friend Natalie's. Sunday is BBQ and hot tubbin' at Joey's house! Woohoo! In the meantime I still have plenty of Christmas shopping to do and some knitting to finish.

On the job front I have still been temping as a receptionist, but have a new job starting Friday that seems pretty promising. It is as a "professional assistant" at O'Connor Associates. It is still through the temp agency but it doesn't have an end date and it has the possibility of full-time. I've had full time offers already from other companies, but only as a receptionist At this place I'll most likely have the opportunity to move up... and who knows, possibly get work there as a geologist! Wouldn't that be nice!?!

No comments: