Monday, February 26, 2007

Pink Belly

The Swift Kickers took to the court tonight to battle the number 1 team in our league, the "Orange Crush." It promised to be an intense game and both teams were evenly matched. The intensity, grittyness level was bumped up a notch by their bitchy girl players who were all about the elbows. With no girly girls on the court nobody was taking it easy. Late in the second half the other team had a free kick in front of our goal. I could see exactly where he was going to kick it so I jumped out in front, taking one for the team. Right in the gut! It hit me so hard it sent me reeling backwards. I tried to stay on my feet but the momentum was too much and I fell on my ass and skidded across the floor. In typical Kate fashion, I just lay there laughing, knowing that it would have been one funny-ass sight to see. We went on to win the game 3-2 and take the lead in the standings! Yay!

My pink belly after the game. Note that you can see the design from the soccer ball. (Also note the pasty-whiteness of the belly where it isn't pink, I think it might be time to hit a tanning booth!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ick