Monday, April 02, 2007

Catching Up Again

I finally downloaded the pictures off my camera from the last few weeks. Here's what I've been up to:

The Quilt

Katie and Gillian working on the quilt

A few of the girls pitched in to knit a quilt for Ruby, Dino and Becky's baby. We knit a few squares each and then got together at Helen's to sew them all together. We wanted it to be very hand made and patchwork looking and I think we achieved that very well. With so many different people working on it, the results were cool. We hope that Ruby will think of her Aunties every time she curls up in it... when she's old enough to know that there is a world beyond eating, sleeping and crying.

Katie, Gillian, Tamara, me, Helen's mom, Helen, Helen's sister


The Gala

Dessert, complete with edible Pengrowth logo

Pengrowth had their Long Service Awards Gala on March 16th. Katie and I brought Tamara and Anne as our dates and had a ladies night out. The evening was hosted by comedian Jebb Fink, and featured an Irish band and Irish dancers. The free drinks were pretty good too! Tamara made friends with the president of Pengrowth, and by the end of the night was calling him "Jimbo." For a company function it was a really fun night.


Katie, Tamara and Jimbo

The Shower


Becky opening the quilt

I finally got to meet Ruby Petrakos when I attended Becky's baby shower on St. Patty's Day. She is oh so cute! She's got beautiful olive toned skin and perfect little features. And now she's got a boat-load of stuff to pamper her for the next couple of years (including a beautiful quilt!)


The Visit

I finally got to hold Ruby when I went over for a visit on my own. I got some quality Ruby-Kate bonding time in (although she was asleep for pretty much the entire time). It was a lovely visit.


The Picture Night

Tamara had to take some pictures for her photography class so her and I and Katie headed down Highway 22 in search for everything Alberta. Here are the results.





No comments: