Sunday, June 10, 2007

Mud Fest 2007

Tim and I headed out to Bragg Creek this afternoon for a "easy to moderate" 14 km mountain bike ride on the Telephone trail. As we were leaving the parking lot Tim read from the book "do only when dry". Seeing as we had some monstrous storms last week I thought we may be in for some trouble. Long story short, the trail was so muddy that we had to pedal even going downhill to get through it, and there were at least 100 downed trees across the trail. The highlight of the day came when I we came to one mud patch and Tim went around it to the left but I said "I'm going straight through" (in a cocky voice), then proceeded to sink my front tire up to the hub in mud and I endo'ed into said mud. I sunk in up to my shoulder! It was by-far the best wipe-out I've ever had! We questioned a number of times if we should turn back but I'm so glad we kept slogging through, it was such a fun ride/walk/wallow.

No comments: