Saturday, September 29, 2007

Pictures From Campus

I had my camera on me the other day so I took some pictures of things that are uniquely UC Davis as I roamed around lost on my bike.

Bikes as far as the eye can see. Davis is known as the city of bikes, with more bikes per capita than anywhere else in North America. It is the main mode of transportation in the city, and especially around campus. The campus is quite large, so having a bike to get from one class to the next is pretty much a necessity. It makes walking a bit difficult, as most bikers won't stop for you at a crosswalk, you either have to wait for a very long time or just make a run for it. I've also seen a couple bike-on-bike collisions already, both cases involving Freshman. I guess for a lot of kids this is the first time on a bike since they were little.


Cows. UC Davis started out as an agricultural school and to this day has a large Ag department. In fact, the department I'm in (Viticulture and Enology) is part of the College of Agriculture. The campus also has a highly renowned veterinary school. Apparently they even have cows with windows on their sides and you can actually see their inner workings.

The Arboretum. Putah Creek runs along the west side of campus. It features different collections of plants and trees from around the world, and a few different flower gardens. Bike paths run along both sides of it so it's a pleasant way to get around.


Water tower. It's just pretty. That's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate,
Your campus looks beutiful! Way to go from one pretty campus to another. Also, I love that you have cows!
I also wanted to say, Don't worry about your Chemistry class, it'll come back to you......beside your smart enough to get through it even if you have to learn it from scratch.

Hope life is still treating you great! See you in a few days!
Cheers,
Dino

Kate said...

Thanks for the encouragement Dino, it'll come in handy! See you tomorrow (or maybe the next day).