Monday, August 28, 2006

Snakes on my Blog

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but I try to do movie reviews every so often on here. On Friday Elaine, Joey and I went for lunch at Japanese Village and then went to the matinee showing of Snakes On A Plane.

I was very excited to see the movie. I was well prepared with the knowledge that the movie was not to be taken seriously. Thus armed, I really enjoyed it. Although some scenes were very obviously tongue-in-cheek, the movie in general was very subtly satirical, which made it even more funny. The enlightened viewer could laugh even more at the thought of the less fortunate souls who would take the movie at face value and enjoy it.

All the key elements of big budget thrillers were there: gratuitous sex, absurd violence and gore, and great one-liners delivered by Samuel L. Jackson. I was giddy when I finally heard the big line, "I have had it with these muthafuckin' snakes on the muthafuckin' plane!" It will be a classic for sure.

All told, I thought it was really good. Worth seeing if you're in the mood for silliness.

1 comment:

miss.elaine.eos said...

Snakes on crack. This movie was muthafcking good!