Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Uhhhh...

So I continued reading about Type 7's (see post below) and I'm absolutely amazed. Looks like I am a textbook Type 7. And I'm learning that I may be as fucked up as I thought I was. To see it all in print like that is quite astounding, certainly makes me sit back and think about the absurd patterns I've been repeating. Apparently this is how I fix it:

I now release...

* all reckless and destructive impulses.
* feeling that I will be overwhelmed by anxiety.
* all compulsions and addictions.
* burning myself out by trying to satisfy all of my desires.
* running away from the consequences of my actions.
* insulting or abusing others to vent my frustrations.
* allowing my insecurities to drive me into dangerous situations and behavior.
* sacrificing my health and happiness for instant gratification.
* being demanding and impatient with others.
* fearing that there will not be enough for me.
* always feeling that I need more.
* wanting every moment to be exciting and dramatic.
* escaping from myself through distractions and constant activity.
* letting my lack of self-discipline ruin my opportunities.
* overextending myself with more than I can do well.
* believing that external things will make me happy.

I now affirm...

* that I am happiest when I am calm and centered.
* that I can say no to myself without feeling deprived.
* that there will be enough for me of whatever I need.
* that I am resilient in the face of setbacks.
* that I find satisfaction in ordinary things.
* that I stay with projects until I complete them.
* that I care deeply about people and am committed to their happiness.
* that there is a spiritual dimension to my life.
* that I am profoundly grateful to be alive.
If only it was so easy. Badda-bing Badda-boom, it's all better.

1 comment:

miss.elaine.eos said...

You're not fucked up. Why don't you um....come over for dinner ah...say next week?