Saturday, September 16, 2006

Little Miss Oh-My-God Funny

Katie and I went to see Little Miss Sunshine on Wednesday. I was told by Pete that it was hilarious and the pressure was on to go see it so we could compare notes. I absolutely loved the movie. It was so funny at points that I thought I would fall off my seat laughing. The casting and acting was fantastic. Olive was adorable in her shorts that always seemed to ride up her butt and her red cowboy boots. Steve Carrell stepped outside his usual character by being the straight man. I was especially impressed by Paul Dano's portrayal of Dwayne. I guess what struck me the most about the movie was that although they were dealing with tough everyday issues, they kept the humour flowing. That's real life baby... as shitty as things get, funny shit still happens!

It's an absolute must-see... probably not a big-screen must, but a good one to buy for your home collection!


No comments: