Thursday, September 21, 2006

News

Bad News: I had an appointment with my psychologist yesterday. She had me fill out a little questionnaire regarding the symptoms I'm currently experiencing. She added it up and asked me where I thought I fell in: Low, Mild, Moderate or Severe. I thought about it and came up with Mild. The shocking and bad news is that I fall into the Severe Depression category. It was extremely hard to hear that, but in the end it's good to know so I can take appropriate steps to fix it.

Good News: After the appointment with the psychologist I went to the doctor to discuss my medication. My current medication obviously wasn't doing the trick so I am now going to be taking a new anti-depressant that will hopefully help me feel better.

Bad News: I made the decision that since my mental state is a little off right now I would not be pursuing a job as a geologist for a while. I called my headhunter dude and told him I am out of the search.

Good News: I found a new job today. And I start tomorrow. I will be working full-time at the new Abominable Sports that just opened up a couple of blocks from my house. And they're paying me almost enough to cover my expenses. I think I'm really going to like it there.

No comments: