Sunday, October 01, 2006

My Pretty City

Yesterday was a most wonderful and beautiful warm fall day. I sat on my porch and racked my brain for the best way to take advantage of it. Suddenly it came to me, I would go for a nice bike ride.

I had never gone west along the Elbow river before, so that was the plan. The result was that I found all kinds of lovely parts of the city I had never been to before. The trees were stunning and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I was smart enough to take my camera with me so I got some lovely pictures.

The other nice thing to come from the outing is that although I have been feeling really low on energy lately, I was able to go ride for 2.5 hours. I think that is very positive, it certainly gives me faith that I really can get out there and get my body moving. This doesn't mean I'm going to give up my afternoon naps though!


Pretty fall colours





















"Sandy Beach" I don't know if I'd go so far as to call this as sandy beach, but it really is a beautiful park. I will definitely be visiting this place again soon.











My bike on the suspension bridge at Sandy Beach


















I love this, right in the middle of the city!















Also right in the middle of the city. I'm discovering that I have been under-utilizing my city.












The Elbow River and downtown













Pretty garden in a park near my house


glenmore reservoir_1
Paddle boat on the Glenmore Reservoir

glenmore reservoir 2_1
Glenmore Reservoir

No comments: