Monday, January 15, 2007

Strange and Sad

Katie was telling me the other day that she heard a couple of months ago about a Calgary cyclist who had been killed. She thought I might have met him through Jon but couldn't remember his name. I remembered the conversation last night so I did some research and discovered it indeed was someone I knew. He had been a really good friend of Jon's and I'd hung out with him a few times. He had been shot and his house was burned down. They've charged a business acquaintance of his with murder.

It was really weird to see all of this at once last night. I hadn't heard anything about it on the news. For some reason there hadn't been a whole lot of coverage. I got most of the details from a blog that one of his friends set up to share information with family and friends. Along with the shock of all that, I had to see pictures of Jon and his wife that were on the site. It was a little difficult but I think it may have given me some of the much-needed closure I've been looking for.

No comments: