Monday, November 05, 2007

Fun Weekend

I actually got out of Davis this weekend! I've been pretty lazy and have been sticking around town on my weekends, which wasn't the plan when I moved here. I just haven't been that adventurous lately. But I now have a friend here who mountain bikes so I finally got out for a ride on Saturday in the Rockville Hills. I was completely out of shape, but the riding was fun and technical so I enjoyed it.

Yesterday I went to Berkley with Beth and James to do some thrift store shopping. We first went to this cool grocery store called the Berkley Bowl which has every kind of fruit and vegetable you could imagine, and some that you couldn't. Then we had with the homeless people in People's Park, which was interesting. From there we hit a couple of thrift stores where I got to splurge. I bought a pair of jeans, three shirts and a bitchin' pair of sneakers, all for $86! I have successfully satiated my shopping appetite for a little while. From there we went to A Donkey and Goat Winery where Beth used to work and got a mini-tour and got to taste some of their problem wines. Then we hung out with her old roommate for a bit and drove back to Davis.

It was really nice to get out of town, and has certainly inspired me to do so more often. I still don't have my camera so there are no pictures. Boo!

No comments: